Yesterday started out as a good day. I got enough sleep, I woke up in time for scripture study in the AM, I had a roasted tomato sandwich from Bocata for lunch, my hair behaved itself, I was able to resolve two big outstanding issues at work, and I got home in time to weed the garden and go for a 4-mile walk.
Then I went to check the mail, and I caught my reflection in the rear-view mirror. Horror. Absolute horror. I had a full-on mustache of raven-black hairs that were longer than my arm hair. That’s all it took to completely undo all of the good things about yesterday. And thus this list was born:
Things I Hate about PCOS
- Complete strangers commenting on your “contralto” voice
- Mustaches that you didn’t know about, despite the giant mirror with six lightbulbs that you stand in front of for 30 minutes every morning
- Simultaneously having wrinkles AND acne
- Hair that is both thin and oily, so it requires daily washing even though your friends get away with washing/styling their hair every 3-4 days
- Shaving your legs twice in the same day
- Plus-size clothes are either ugly, cheaply-made, or both
- Stretch marks but no baby
- The beginnings of male-pattern baldness when you are neither male nor old
- Eating one sandwich in an entire day, and still gaining weight
- Not remembering what it feels like to not be overweight
- Periods that come all the time, or don’t come at all
What do you hate about PCOS? Please share in the comments and then I’ll add them to the list. I want a big long list here so that others know they aren’t alone!