Are you interested in participating in a casual in-person PCOS support group in the Salt Lake City area? This is the place!
I’ve been searching for a polycystic ovarian syndrome group in Utah for…a long time. I haven’t found one yet, so I decided that it was time to start my own! I’m looking forward to having a group of women with PCOS to meet with! This will be a great way to learn from each other and help each other find success in dealing with PCOS.
Potential meeting times:
- First Saturday of each month, 9-10 am
- Second Thursday of each month, 6-7 pm
- Other suggestions welcome!
Potential meeting locations:
- Intermountain Medical Center-5121 S Cottonwood St, Murray
- Cottonwood Presbyterian Church-1580 E Vine Street (6100 S), Murray
- If you have access to meeting space at another public location in the Salt Lake valley, please share in the comments!
Here’s a basic outline of the PCOS Support Group structure. If you have recommendations for changes or additions, please share in the comments! Let’s build this organically into a fun and welcoming place for PCOS discussions and friendship.
- The Utah PCOS Support Group is an informal peer-to-peer type support group. Please come ready to share your experiences, successes, and trials with the other participants.
- Adult women only–ages 18 to 108 welcome! While children and husbands are an important part of life, please do not bring them to the meetings. This is to help everyone feel at ease during our limited time together.
- This group is not a place for self-promotion of business activities. You are welcome to discuss products that you have personally tried and found helpful; but, this is NOT the place to promote your personal doTERRA business, Younique eyelashes, or magic juice drink.
- We’ll have a light snack or refreshment at each meeting, if allowed by our meeting site, because food is important!
- There is no cost to participate. There will be a jar for donations. If you can, please donate towards the costs of refreshments, time spent arranging the meetings, and other incidental costs of hosting the support group. Please feel welcome to come regardless of your ability to donate!
IF YOU’RE INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT WITH THE DATE AND LOCATION THAT WORKS BEST FOR YOU. ONCE WE HAVE 15 OR MORE INTERESTED PEOPLE, WE’LL HOLD OUR FIRST MEETING.